My Biography
My mane is Elina Wonda, friends use to call me Lina and I am from Papua, Indonesia. I currently study at University Christian Indonesia (UKI) and taking English Education as my major. My hobby, I like traveling and visiting new places and also experiencing new things.
When I was a kid, I have a dream of study in overseas, wish that I could talk with native speakers in English and want to experience their way of life. As I grew up my dream never changed, after completing my elementary and primary school in Papua, I decided to get more knowledge about English so I transferred to one of the English school called Passam National High in Papua New Guinea, the neighbouring country to complete my 11 and 12. For the first time, I felt like I could not coup with the situation there because all students and teachers and even the ordinary people only speak English and their common language called Pidgin. But this does not pull me down because my eager to learn English and to become a good English speaker was very high. With a little knowledge that I had, and the help of my friends and of course the teachers, I had completed my senior high school with smiling on my face.
When I came back to my home town Papua, my parents were very proud of me because I can speak quiet good English than before. After the Christmas break of 2018, I applied for a scholarship from Papuan Government to study at Western Michigan University in America. I got accepted immediately, this made me so grateful to myself, and thought that my dream is right in front of my door way. It took half a year for the Papuan Government to send me and some of my friends to Jakarta to take some English courses before going to America.
However, everything turned opposite, the agent that took us for English course did not want to help us rather they want to use the money from the government to feather their businesses. They never treated us like students, they sometimes lied to our marks and telling us all sorts of bad words. This made some of us felt not motivated at all and decide to remain and continues our college in here.
My one and the half year of taking English courses was really wasted I thought and decided to leave for my home town. Then I thought to myself that I could find any universities in Jakarta that offers English major and there I found out about UKI and what pleases me the most is that this faculty has A level. I regained my courage and thought to myself that I must not missed this opportunity so I got registered in UKI.
After completing from UKI, I still have a dream of feather my study in one of the English speaking countries and when I come back, I want to leave a legacy back in my home town by build a English school which would benefit the new generation of Papua so that in their future they may not struggled like we did.

Comments
Post a Comment